Wednesday, October 5, 2011

She found me!

We have been so busy since the kids have started back to school. I can't believe I forgot to post this sooner!


The first weekend in August, we went on our first real family vacation. 3 days and 2 nights in Panama City Beach, FL. We had so much fun! The weather was great and the water was very calm. Fresh seafood, putt-putt, hunting crabs, finding seashells, building sandcastles, and lots of swimming. We had planned on visiting Gulf World Aquarium, but after comparing prices we opted to go to ZooWorld.

After weaving around through the petting zoo, birds, and primates; we came to the end where the big cats are located. I immediately spotted two young tigers. One orange, one white. Of course I fell in love with the white one. She was just sitting there ignoring the people passing by. I walked over to her and I chuffed. She jumped up and chuffed back! This went on for several minutes. Every time I tried to walk away, she would follow me, whining very loudly. Finally, after what seemed like hours, my family convinced me it was time to move on and see the other animals.

We were about to leave when I saw a keeper. I stopped her and told her how much I loved the white tiger. I asked her name. "Tallulee." (Byron and I exchange curious glances) Um, are you sure its not Tallulah? "Pretty sure." How old is she? "Just over a year." (My heart races.) Did she come from Arizona, originally from Alabama? "Um, yeah." At this point the keeper has a raised eyebrow and I am crying.

It's my baby girl TALLULAH!

The keeper called over the head keeper, I tell them our story and show them pictures on my phone. They bring me a bottle so I can feed her one more time. I thought my heart was going to burst with joy. Tallulah is not in the biggest display, but it was a waterfall and pool, she is with another female her age, and the keepers love and spoil her. Perfect!

I can't wait to go see her again. My girl is only 3 hours away!




One month old


One year old

No comments:

Post a Comment